Special Initiative Project Funding, made available from University Development's unrestricted Annual Giving donations, is awarded in the Spring and Fall of each year, and normally must be spent within the fiscal year it is awarded. The focus of this fund is to support special initiatives by faculty/staff for which other sources of funding are not readily available.
In total, up to $100,000 will be awarded annually to fund special initiatives that support the institution's mission.
Awards are granted up to a maximum of $5,000.
The Special Initiatives Fund is designed to fund special initiatives. This may include:
• Initiatives that are new and/or one-time for your department or faculty.
• Initiatives for which other sources of funding are not readily available.
In keeping with the specifics outlined above, projects not normally funded by the Special Initiatives Fund include:
• Initiatives/items traditionally covered under Base Budget.
• Academic research projects.
• Participation in conferences /conference fees.