Funded directly through the generosity of our undergraduate students, the Student Life Levy (SLL) supports special one-time projects that enhance the undergraduate student experience at the Brantford and Waterloo campuses. The SLL was initiated as a means to support projects that couldn’t otherwise happen. Specifically, the SLL looks to support projects that present increased opportunity for students to engage in activities leading to improved personal health and wellness and increased opportunity for students to engage each other and their environment in a culture of learning outside of physical classroom space.
The application system is open year-round, with reviews happening every March, July and November. Please keep the following in mind when preparing your application:
- The SLL does not fund projects on an on-going basis so the request should be for one-time funding only.
- The SLL rarely approves projects that require salary. If salary is a component, it must be for a limited time during the start-up phase of the project and the budget must show financial sustainability.
- The SLL does not fund ‘for profit’ projects.
- The SLL does not fund trips.
- The committee appreciates those projects that have demonstrated collaboration with other partners/departments on campus, including the Students’ Union.
- The committee prefers those projects that have an impact on the entire campus or a large percentage of the undergraduate student population.
Approved projects must provide an accountability report upon project completion, highlighting how the funds were used and how the project has impacted undergraduate students.
If you have any questions about the Student Life Levy, please contact Janet Robinson, Development Officer, at [email protected].
The SLL has been supporting projects for over 30 years at a total value of approximately $10 million.